Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: bobby pins

  1. #1
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know there was a topic where we discussed bobby pins but it must be a few pages back, so I set up another thread.

    When I called AG catalog to order the tankini and accessories, I also asked about whether replacement bobby pins were available for Molly. I was transferred to customer service where the service person checked both Molly's and Felicity's replacement parts. He couldn't find any listed.

    However, he said that bobby pins were supposed to come with Felicity's Christmas outfit to hold her pinner cap on. I didn't ask him to do this, but he is sending a whole other Felicity Christmas outfit and said that it should contain the bobby pins. He said to remove the bobby pins and send the rest back using a prepaid shipping label.

    I don't know if the outfit will really contain the bobby pins. We'll see. forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought some small bobby pins at Walmart a couple of months ago. They were different colors (as opposed to matching the hair color). They were around $1 or $2 for a whole cardful. We used those for Felicity's Christmas cap. (I made the outfit from the PC patterns).
    The small bobby pins were with the regular hair supplies with all the stuff for kids.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got Felicity's Christmas gown in November, I think, and it did not come with bobby pins. I couldn't figure out what to do with the cap! (Don't have Felicity yet anyway) I'd be interested in knowing if the new one they send you comes with pins, let us know!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ubarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2003
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just called last week to try to find the part number for the bobby pins. I was on the phone for quite awhile. The customer service person was sure that the bobby pins were supposed to come with Felicity's Blue Gown. She finally found something on the computer called "hair accessories," that shipped with the gown. She sent it to me for free. Unfortunately, it was Felicity's blue hair bow, not the bobby pins. So I am going to have to search the posts to find the part number for Molly's bobby pins.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the heads up on the Wal-Mart bobby pins, Michigan Mom. If the bobby pins don't come with the dress, I may be looking for those. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    ubarose, if you find the replacement part for Molly's bobby pins, please let us know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Also, in the other bobby pin topic, which is several pages back by now, there was a link to the TLC Doll Hospital which sold doll bobby pins. I think Taffy posted it. I'll have to see if I saved the link. I'm sure I did.

    Here it is:

    doll bobby pins

    Scroll down past plastic hangers. It is before wig brush.

    If I can't find them anywhere else, I'll probably order those.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Virginia, I will be extremely interested to hear whether the bobby pins come with that outfit that they send you!! They sent me 2-3 outfits, a blue ribbon, and possibly something else, before they finally gave up and sent a note with one of the outfits, saying that the bobby pins don't and never did come with this outfit. I now know that the latter half of that statement is NOT true, but it will be very interesting to find out whether the first half of that statement has now changed.

    As far as Molly's bobby pins go, it may help to give the Customer Service person the exact name and number of the set that the bobby pins come in. It probably can't be found if they just search for "bobby pins". The set that they come in is called "Molly's Undies", and the old number for that was MWAU. Does anyone know what the new number for that is (now that they don't have a catalog with everything in it anymore) forums
    Joy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by djsnjones:
    The set that they come in is called "Molly's Undies", and the old number for that was MWAU. Does anyone know what the new number for that is (now that they don't have a catalog with everything in it anymore) [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Joy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just checked the website - the number for Molly's undies is still MWAU! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Virginia:
    If I order them, I'd hate to have to pay all those shipping costs for just bobby pins. I'm sure I'll have to order something else too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, Virgina, what a shame to have to pad your order like that! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that's weird because it USED to come with a Bobby pin and the doll in the store in NY had her cap attached by bobby pin!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I received Felicity's gown, which was supposed to contain the bobby pins. No surprise...it didn't contain bobby pins. Fortunately AG had sent a prepaid return label so I'll be sending the gown back.

    I'll try to call them again and ask for the bobby pins as a replacement part to Molly's undies. (Thanks for the code, joy, and the confirmation of it, Jeanette). I'll post back here what I find out.

    Editing to say I just checked the AG site using the MWAU code and sure enough it shows bobby pins as being included. You can even see them in the photo.

    http://www.americangirlstore.com/pls...groupid=359084

    I'm going to try calling this afternoon. If I order them, I'd hate to have to pay all those shipping costs for just bobby pins. I'm sure I'll have to order something else too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ February 20, 2004 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Virginia ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •